IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Quay, 1916
- Etching; 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 13 3/4 inches (26.7 × 34.9 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 × 8 1/8 inches (17.1 × 20.6 cm), Image: 6 5/8 × 8 inches (16.8 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "CD. 15 iii"
Signed, lower right: "FL. Griggs imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | balconies | bay windows | birds | bridge (built work) | buttresses | castle | chimneys | churches | cityscape | copings | costume | cupola | cutwater | doorways | dormers | gables | headgear | hill | houses | lanterns | men | pillar | poles | quay | railings | reflections | river | rocks | roofs | shadows | shingles | staff | steps | stonework | towers (building divisions) | turrets | walkway | walls | weathervane | windows | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.