- Myalotis Caama, The Caama of South Africa
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, white, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (10.8 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Megalotis caama. | The caama of South Africa"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: 108"; iinscribed in graphite, upper right: "Pl.19"
Signed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Myalotis Caama, The Caama of South Africa, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.