Banded Palm Civet
- Additional Title(s):
Hemigalus Derbianus, Hemigalus Zebra
- Part Of:
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, white, wove paper
- 4 1/16 × 6 1/2 inches (10.3 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink lower left: "Hemigalus Derbianus | Hemig: Zebra. | communicated by G. Waterhouse esq."; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "110"; inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "Pl. IX."
Signed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | zebra (mammal)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Banded Palm Civet, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.