- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- 12 7/8 x 9 1/16 inches (32.7 x 23 cm) and 8 7/8 x 6 9/16 inches (22.5 x 16.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper center: "Six | VENICE. | ETCHINGS."; within image, lower center: "By Andrew .F. Affleck | Published by | James Connell and Sons. | 47 Old Bond Street. London"; within image, lower left: "A. F. A"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Andrew .F. Affleck"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | arcade | arches | architectural subject | book | bridge (built work) | canal | cityscape | columns (architectural elements) | frontispiece (illustration) | genre subject | gondolas | gondoliers | halos | hat | lampposts | lion | lion of St. Mark | marine art | men | rowing | seagulls | wings
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Andrew Fairbairn Affleck, 1874/7–1936, Frontispiece, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.