- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 16 7/8 x 13 9/16 inches (42.9 x 34.4 cm), 8 1/16 x 7 1/4 inches (20.5 x 18.4 cm), and 7 7/8 x 7 1/16 inches (20 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "\cLØ"; on back, upper left: "Lorenzo | San"; on back, lower left: "a45250 | am.5x"; on back, lower right: "San Lorenzo"
watermarked around perimeter (four times), center left, upper center, center right, and lower center: "O. W. P. & A. C. L."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "A .F. Affleck (underlined)"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Andrew .F. Affleck"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | basilica | bell towers | booths | carts | church | cityscape | colonnade | columns (architectural elements) | cupolas | domes | genre subject | loggia | market (event) | men | merchants | niches | pillars | selling | shutters | square | street | umbrellas | women
- Associated Places:
- Basilica di San Lorenzo | Firenze | Florence | Italy | Toscana
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Andrew Fairbairn Affleck, 1874/7–1936, San Lorenzo, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.