The Fortune Teller
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 13 1/4 inches (27.9 x 33.6 cm) and Plate (to image): 8 9/16 x 9 15/16 inches (21.7 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Fortune Teller"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
signed in graphite, lower right: "J H Amshewitz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. A.S. Yahuda
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | beard | bench | caps | cards | chairs | dress | elderly | fortune-teller | genre subject | gesture | interior | jug | kerchief | men | moustache | table | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Henry Amshewitz, 1882–1942, British, The Fortune Teller, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.