The Fortune Teller
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 x 13 1/4 inches (27.9 x 33.6 cm) and 8 9/16 x 9 15/16 inches (21.7 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Fortune Teller"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J H Amshewitz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. A.S. Yahuda
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | beard | bench | caps | cards | chairs | dress | elderly | fortune-teller | genre subject | gesture | interior | jug | kerchief | men | moustache | table | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Henry Amshewitz, 1882–1942, British, The Fortune Teller, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.