- Brown University: The Memorial Gateway
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 13 11/16 inches (28.6 x 34.7 cm) and Plate: 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (19.1 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Memorial Gateway"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower left, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "WILFRED | C | APPLEBEY"; within image, lower right, in seal: "SIGILLUM · UNIVERSITATIS · BRUNENSIS | IN · DEO · SPERAMUS"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Wilfred C Applebey"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. George St. John Sheffield
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- academic architecture | arch | architectural subject | buildings | campus | crest | eagle (bird) | flags | garlands | gateway | memorial | sculpture | seal | shield (motif) | steps | university | World War, 1914-1918 | wreaths
- Associated Places:
- Brown University | Providence | Rhode Island | Soldiers Memorial Gate | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wilfred Crawford Applebey, 1889–?, British, Brown University: The Memorial Gateway, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.