IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Wilfred Crawford Applebey, 1889–?, British, Brown University: The Middle Campus, 1927
Brown University: The Middle Campus
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 13 11/16 inches (28.5 x 34.8 cm), Plate: 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (19.1 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Middle Campus."
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower left, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "WILFRED C APPLEBEY"; within image, lower right, in seal: "SIGILLUM · UNIVERSITATIS · BRUNENSIS | IN · DEO · SPERAMUS"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Wilfred C Applebey"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. George St. John Sheffield
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- academic architecture | arches | architectural subject | buildings | bushes | campus | columns | crest | grass | lampposts | path | seal | steps | trees | university
- Associated Places:
- Brown University | Providence | Providence | Rhode Island | The Middle Campus | United States
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.