Brown University: The Van Wickle Gate
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 13 9/16 inches (28.9 x 34.5 cm) and Plate (to image): 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (19.1 x 24.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Vanwickle Gate"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, in seal: "SIGILLUM · UNIVERSITATIS · BRUNENSIS | IN · DEO · SPERAMUS"; within image, lower right: "WILFRED C. APPLEBEY"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Wilfred C. Applebey"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. George St. John Sheffield
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- academic architecture | buildings | campus | crest | gate | lamppost | pediment | plaques | seal | street | trees | university
- Associated Places:
- Brown University | Providence | Providence | Rhode Island | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wilfred Crawford Applebey, 1889–?, British, Brown University: The Van Wickle Gate, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.