Brown University: The Van Wickle Gate
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 3/8 x 13 9/16 inches (28.9 x 34.5 cm) and 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches (19.1 x 24.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Vanwickle Gate"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, in seal: "SIGILLUM · UNIVERSITATIS · BRUNENSIS | IN · DEO · SPERAMUS"; within image, lower right: "WILFRED C. APPLEBEY"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Wilfred C. Applebey"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. George St. John Sheffield
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- academic architecture | architectural subject | buildings | campus | crest | gate | lamppost | pediment | plaques | seal | street | trees | university
- Associated Places:
- Brown University | Providence | Providence | Rhode Island | United States
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wilfred Crawford Applebey, 1889–?, British, Brown University: The Van Wickle Gate, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.