IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Margaret Aulton, active 1930, British, A Lakeside Village, Lugano, undated
A Lakeside Village, Lugano
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 x 12 1/16 inches (23.6 x 30.7 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 7 15/16 inches (15 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "A Lakeside Village Lugano"
Stamped in purple ink, lower left: "12039"; collector's mark, verso: Yale University Art Gallery (Lugt 2667c)
Monogram of Margaret Aulton, in black ink, within image, lower center: "MA"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Margaret Aulton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | buildings | canoe | church | cityscape | lake | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Lago di Lugano | Lugano | Switzerland | Ticino
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.