The Blind Beggar of Tivoli
- Etching on moderately thick, textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 11/16 x 6 5/8 inches (19.5 x 16.8 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 inches (12 x 12 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 4 1/2 inches (11.2 x 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "2nd state - 5 proofs."; lower right: "25 proofs."; lower right: "14/19/ 36 [...]"
Lettered, lower right: "AUSTIN"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "-Robert Austin. 1923."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balconies | beggar | blind | button (fastener) | chair | cityscape | cross (object) | doorways | fence | genre subject | grass | hat | jacket | men | pocket | road | roofs | shingles | shirt | shoelaces | shoes | staff | street | trees | trousers | tweed | vest | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Blind Beggar of Tivoli, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.