The Puppet Master
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 8 7/16 inches (26.8 x 21.5 cm), Plate: 6 13/16 x 6 7/16 inches (17.3 x 16.3 cm), and Image: 6 11/16 x 6 1/4 inches (17 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Puppet Master"; lower center: "1926 E. D. 63"; lower right: "SE4003"; on back, lower left: "16 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "RobertAustin. 1926"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | blanket | boots | box (container) | buildings | buttonholes | buttons (fasteners) | craftsman | cups | genre subject | grass | hat | jacket | man | old | paintbrush | painting (activity) | posts | puppets | ruffles | scissors | shirt | shoelaces | sitting | tower (building division) | trousers | vest | windows
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Puppet Master, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.