The Poems of Thomas Gray, Design 19, "Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College."
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: The Poems of Thomas Gray, Design 20, "Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College."
- Part Of:
- between 1797 and 1798
- Watercolor with pen and black ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with letterpress inset
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (41.9 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "7"; in graphite center: "+"; on verso in gray ink upper left: "8"; in graphite upper center: "+"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blood | boy | crowns (costume components) | fire | flame | king (person) | literary theme | men | nude | nudes | queen (person) | sceptre | spears | text | throne | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Colin Cross, Blake revealed, William Blake : Discovery of a Masterwork , Observer, vol. 12, November 21, 1971, pp. 19-23, V 1245 Detached from Observer colour magazine
John Russell, Blake the Craftsman, Art , Sunday Times, Issue no. 7749, December 12, 1971, p. 27, Available online : Sunday Times Digital Archive
Arnold Fawcus, Unknown Watercolours by William Blake, Illustrated London News, vol. 259, No. 6881, December 25, 1971, pp. 45-46, 49-51, Available online: Illus London News Hist. Archiv