The Bell at Abberton Church, Essex
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 3/8 inches (30.2 x 21.3 cm), Plate: 6 3/16 x 4 1/2 inches (15.7 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 4 3/8 inches (15 x 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Bell [...] at Abberton Church, Essex."; lower right: "D4636 = 90"; on back, lower left: "51 (circled)"
Lettered, upper center: "R. S. A | 1927"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1928"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | belfry | bell | church | cloth | cross (motif) | flower (plant) | foliage | ladder | nails | planks | railing | still life
- Associated Places:
- Abberton | Abberton Church | England | Essex | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Bell at Abberton Church, Essex, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.