IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Wood Carriers, 1932
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (32 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 8 x 5 7/8 inches (20.3 x 15 cm), Image: 6 1/8 x 5 13/16 inches (15.5 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Wood carriers"; on back, lower left: "40 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin1932"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altars | baskets | carrying | cross (object) | crucifix | genre subject | labor | logs | monument | reliquaries | stairs | sticks | women | wood | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.