- Summer Night
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 8 3/16 inches (27.8 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 4 1/16 inches (16.4 x 10.3 cm), and Image: 5 5/16 x 3 11/16 inches (13.5 x 9.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "3 (circled)"; lower center: "SUmmer Night"
Lettered, lower center: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1935"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- astronomy | curtains | dress | genre subject | leaning | night | nightgown | science | sky | stairs | standing | stars | summer | watching | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Summer Night, 1935
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.