- Hero's Widow (No.2)
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 9 inches (28.8 x 22.8 cm), Plate: 6 5/16 x 4 1/2 inches (16.1 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: " 'Hero's Widow' #2"
Lettered, lower center: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin 1945"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | block | branches | buttons (fasteners) | cloth | coat | gaze | genre subject | gloves | ivy (plant) | kerchief | kneeling | labor | ladder | logs | resting | saw | shoes | widow | woman | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Hero's Widow (No.2), 1945
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.