Hero's Widow (No.2)
- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 9 inches (28.8 x 22.8 cm), Plate: 6 5/16 x 4 1/2 inches (16.1 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 x 4 1/8 inches (13 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: " 'Hero's Widow' #2"
Lettered, lower center: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin 1945"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | block | branches | buttons (fasteners) | cloth | coat | gaze | genre subject | gloves | ivy (plant) | kerchief | kneeling | labor | ladder | logs | resting | saw | shoes | widow | woman | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Hero's Widow (No.2), 1945
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.