The Poems of Thomas Gray, Design 5, "Ode on the Spring."
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: The Poems of Thomas Gray, Design 6, "Ode on the Spring."
- Part Of:
- between 1797 and 1798
- Watercolor with pen and black ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with inlaid letterpress page
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (41.9 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "5"; in graphite center: "+"; on verso in gray ink upper left: "6"; in graphite center: "+"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | fairies | kneeling | literary theme | man | men | nude | nudes | reading | religious and mythological subject | scroll (information artifact) | shroud | sitting | text | tree | trees | web | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Colin Cross, Blake revealed, William Blake : Discovery of a Masterwork , Observer, vol. 12, November 21, 1971, pp. 19-23, V 1245 Detached from Observer colour magazine
Arnold Fawcus, Unknown Watercolours by William Blake, Illustrated London News, vol. 259, No. 6881, December 25, 1971, pp. 45-46, 49-51, Available online: Illus London News Hist. Archiv