Cover of "The Yellow Book: an Illustrated Quarterly", Volume II, July 1894
- Additional Title(s):
Cover: The Yellow Book, an Illustrated Quarterly, Vol. II, July 1894
- Photomechanical reproduction on thin, slightly textured, orange wove paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 11 x 8 9/16 inches (27.9 x 21.8 cm), Sheet: 8 3/8 x 6 7/16 inches (21.3 x 16.4 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (12.6 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center, within border: "The Yellow Book | An Illustrated Quarterly | Volume I April 1894"; lower center, within border: "London: Elkin Mathews & John Lane | Boston: Copeland & Day"; on mount, lower center: "-The Yellow Book-"; lower right, within border: "Price | 5/.- | Net"; on mount, lower right: "6-19-94."
signed in black ink, lower center: "-Aubrey Beardsley-"; dated in black ink, lower right: "6-19-94."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bookshelves | bow (costume accessory) | cover (gathered matter component) | flowers (plants) | girl | historical subject | illustration | journal | magazine (periodical) | portrait | still life | The Yellow Book
- Associated People:
- Mathews, (Charles) Elkin (1851–1921), publisher and antiquarian bookseller
Lane, John (1854–1925), publisher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Aubrey Vincent Beardsley, 1872–1898, British, Cover of "The Yellow Book: an Illustrated Quarterly", Volume II, July 1894, 1894
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.