Cover of "The Yellow Book: an Illustrated Quarterly", Volume II, July 1894
- Additional Title(s):
Cover: The Yellow Book, an Illustrated Quarterly, Vol. II, July 1894
- Photomechanical reproduction on thin, slightly textured, orange wove paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 11 x 8 9/16 inches (27.9 x 21.8 cm), Sheet: 8 3/8 x 6 7/16 inches (21.3 x 16.4 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (12.6 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center, within border: "The Yellow Book | An Illustrated Quarterly | Volume I April 1894"; lower center, within border: "London: Elkin Mathews & John Lane | Boston: Copeland & Day"; on mount, lower center: "-The Yellow Book-"; lower right, within border: "Price | 5/.- | Net"; on mount, lower right: "6-19-94."
Signed in black ink, lower center: "-Aubrey Beardsley-"; dated in black ink, lower right: "6-19-94."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bookshelves | bow (costume accessory) | cover (gathered matter component) | flowers (plants) | girl | historical subject | illustration | journal | magazine (periodical) | portrait | still life | The Yellow Book
- Associated People:
- Mathews, (Charles) Elkin (1851–1921), publisher and antiquarian bookseller
Lane, John (1854–1925), publisher
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Aubrey Vincent Beardsley, 1872–1898, British, Cover of "The Yellow Book: an Illustrated Quarterly", Volume II, July 1894, 1894
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.