- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 x 4 11/16 inches (9.8 x 11.9 cm) and Image: 2 1/16 x 3 7/16 inches (5.2 x 8.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "Lon[...] [...] [...] 25 / - 1000 | Us [...] 16/ Run 500 | XX (lines run above and below the two x's) | Thomas | Bewick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bait (for fishing) | baiting (fishing) | boots | bushes | fisherman | fishing | fishing pole | genre subject | hat | lake | plants | pond | river | rocks (landforms) | sand | shore (landform) | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, Fisherman, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.