IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, Fisherman, undated
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 4 11/16 inches (9.8 × 11.9 cm), Image: 2 1/16 × 3 7/16 inches (5.2 × 8.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "Lon[...] [...] [...] 25 / - 1000 | Us [...] 16/ Run 500 | XX (lines run above and below the two x's) | Thomas | Bewick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bait (for fishing) | baiting (fishing) | boots | bushes | fisherman | fishing | fishing pole | genre subject | hat | lake | plants | pond | river | rocks (landforms) | sand | shore (landform) | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.