- The Fishmarket, Venice, No. 2
- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 15 7/8 inches (26.4 x 40.4 cm) and Plate: 8 15/16 x 11 9/16 inches (22.7 x 29.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "22"; upper right: "x"; lower left: "X"; lower right: "The Fishmarket, Venice"; on back, lower left: "24 (underlined) | a82344"; on back, lower right: "FE0XI"
signed in plate, lower right: "Bone III"; signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arcade | arches | architectural subject | architecture | baskets | carrying | columns (architectural elements) | dress | fish | fish market | genre subject | hats | labor | market (event) | marketplace | men | pillars | purchasing | selling | shopping | sign | stands | tables | trade | trousers | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Veneto | Venice | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, The Fishmarket, Venice, No. 2, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.