- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 7 3/8 inches (26.2 x 18.7 cm), Plate: 7 3/4 x 5 3/16 inches (19.7 x 13.2 cm), Image: 6 5/8 x 4 1/2 inches (16.9 x 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Bonington | GBA | 15"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "Gazette des Beaux-Arts"; lower center: "BOLOGNE."; lower right under image, etched in artist's hand: "RPB (underlined)"; lower right: "Imp. A. Salmon, Paris.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, A. Conger Goodyear, B.A. 1899, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | buildings | canes | children | cityscape | crowds | dogs (animals) | dresses | Grand Tour | houses | markets | men | shopping | street | tower (building division) | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Bologna | Emilia-Romagna | Europe | Italy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Bologna, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.