Donaldson Liner at Sea
- Etching and drypoint with graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14 5/8 inches (24.7 x 37.1 cm) and Plate: 6 15/16 x 10 15/16 inches (17.6 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Nine(?) before lettering | K 8931 MK"; lower center: "Donaldson Liner at Sea - Arthur Briscoe. 5 proofs only to Donaldson Line for calendar. Trial proof with pencil work. 45-a."; lower right: "100-"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | binoculars | caps (headgear) | chains | crew | deck | flag | futtock shrouds | genre subject | hats | marine art | masts | men | pulleys | ropes | sails | sea | seamen | ships | stacks
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Donaldson Liner at Sea, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.