The Old Man
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 8 5/8 x 11 7/8 inches (21.9 x 30.1 cm) and 6 3/8 x 8 7/8 inches (16.2 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "46/75"; in graphite, lower right: "59 - A6329"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap (headgear) | coat | dark | drafting | drawing (activity) | drawing table | genre subject | hat | ink bottles | lamp (lighting device) | light | man | paper (fiber product) | pen | pencil | shadow | sketching | table
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Old Man, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.