- The Futtock Shrouds
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (29.7 x 20.2 cm) and Plate: 9 x 5 13/16 inches (22.9 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "136"; in brown ink, lower left: "20/75"; in graphite, lower right: "B1666"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "The Futtock Shrouds | A Briscoe"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Harold Hugo, Hon. M.A. 1963
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | caps (headgear) | chains | chimneys (architectural elements) | city | cityscape | crew | dock | futtock shrouds | genre subject | hats | labor | ladder | marine art | masts | men | pier (marine landing) | pulleys | river | ropes | seamen | trousers | workers | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Futtock Shrouds, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.