A Galway Peasant
- Former Title(s):
An Irish Peasant
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 9 3/16 inches (29.6 x 23.3 cm) and Plate (to image): 3 7/8 x 4 3/16 inches (9.9 x 10.7 cm)
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, center, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
signed in graphite, center right: "Gerald · L · Brockhurst."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Henry Emerson Tuttle, B.A. 1914
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | clouds | genre subject | headscarf | hills | landscape | man | merchant | peasant | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gerald Leslie Brockhurst, 1890–1978, British, A Galway Peasant, 1920
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.