- Etching, stipple engraving, and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 10 1/8 inches (36.2 x 25.7 cm) and Plate (to image): 9 3/16 x 7 5/16 inches (23.3 x 18.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(111 proofs)"; lower center: "W.72 "Dorette""; lower right: "A56516"
Lettered in black ink, lower left, reversed: "G L. BROCKHURST"; lower right, reversed: "-1932"
signed in graphite, lower right: "G·L· Brockhurst."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons (fasteners) | curls | eyebrows | hills | jacket | landscape | portrait | scarf (costume accessory) | sweater | woman
- Associated People:
- Brockhurst, Dorette (born c. 1912)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gerald Leslie Brockhurst, 1890–1978, British, Dorette, 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.