- Basrah Creek
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 17 3/16 inches (29.2 x 43.6 cm) and Plate: 6 15/16 x 10 7/8 inches (17.6 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "7 21677"; in black ink, lower left: "41. 75."; in graphite, lower center: "Basran Creek"; lower right: "62453 va"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, in monogram: "CW" within larger C
signed in black ink, lower right: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | canoe | covering | creek | jungle | landscape | men | oars | palm trees | river | riverbanks | rowing | sampan | shelter
- Associated Places:
- Al-Basrah | Asia | Basra | Iraq | Middle East
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Basrah Creek, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.