In Silent Waters
- Additional Title(s):
Upper Burmah No. 1
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 x 15 3/8 inches (25.3 x 39 cm) and Plate (to image): 4 x 8 1/16 inches (10.2 x 20.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "In silent waters."; lower center: "Upper Burmah No 1"; on back, lower left: "16736 B."
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
signed in graphite, center right: "Charles W · Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | branches | Burmese | canoe | covering | genre subject | lake | landscape | marine art | men | mountains | poles | punt (boat) | sampan | shelter | tree
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Myanmar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, In Silent Waters, 1921
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.