- Additional Title(s):
- Drypoint on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 14 inches (25.6 x 35.6 cm) and Plate (to image): 4 3/16 x 8 3/8 inches (10.7 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "The 'Cherad'"; lower right: "4 | B 5991 | 60-"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND"
signed in graphite, center right: "Charles W. Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | animal art | donkey | equipment | farmer | farming | genre subject | irrigation system | landscape | man | ox | palm trees | river | tools
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Cherat | Kabul | Middle East | Northwest Frontier | Pakistan
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Cherad, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.