- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 1/2 inches (30.8 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 12 1/4 inches (24.4 × 31.1 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 × 9 1/8 inches (15.6 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R122"; lower center: "Engraver's Proof"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "The Southern Boat"; lower center: "Engraver's Proof Brighton 1825"; lower right: "[...] A4"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner | Engraved by George Cooke | Brighton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | palace | pier (marine landing)
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | English Channel | The Royal Pavilion | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Brighthelmstone, Sussex, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.