- Part Of:
- Etching; open etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 17 5/8 inches (32.4 × 44.8 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 13 3/4 inches (26 × 34.9 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (19.4 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R. 137."; lower center: "Etching."; inscribed on vero in graphite, lower left: "The Rivers of Devon."; lower center: "Engraver's open etching."; lower right: "([...] [...] 44."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner Esq. R.A. | Etched by W.B.Cooke 1814. | Plymouth Citadel. | London Published Jan 2, 1815 by W.B. Cooke. 12 York Place. Pentonville."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- citadel | landscape (representation) | marine art | martello tower | sound
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | English Channel | Europe | Mount Batten Tower | Plymouth | Plymouth Sound | The Royal Citadel | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Plymouth Citadel, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.