- Florence, from the Ponte Alla Carraia
- Etching and engraving on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 15 1/8 inches (26.7 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 11 7/8 inches (22.5 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 9/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.1 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.157"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Hakewill's Italy [...] 1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1818"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([...] May43)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. from a finish'd sketch by James Hakewill."; lettered, lower center: "Florence, | from the Ponte alla Carraia. | Publish'd as the act directs Decr. 1,1818. by John Murray. Albemarle Street, London."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by S. Rawle."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Florence, from the Ponte Alla Carraia, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.