Florence, from the Ponte Alla Carraia
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 15 1/8 inches (26.7 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 11 7/8 inches (22.5 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 9/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.1 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.157"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Hakewill's Italy [...] 1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1818"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([...] May43)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. from a finish'd sketch by James Hakewill."; lettered, lower center: "Florence, | from the Ponte alla Carraia. | Publish'd as the act directs Decr. 1,1818. by John Murray. Albemarle Street, London."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by S. Rawle."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridges | cityscape | palace | river
- Associated Places:
- Arno | Europe | Firenze | Italy | Palazzo Vecchio | Ponte alla Carraia | Ponte Vecchio | Toscana
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Florence, from the Ponte Alla Carraia, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.