- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 12 5/8 inches (32.1 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 inches (29.1 cm), Chine collé: 11 3/16 inches (28.4 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 inches (19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.176"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "good impression Whitaker's History of Richmondshire 1823 1821"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([biel borwl] 43}"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Brignall Church, | Published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London, Octr. 25th 1821."; lettered, lower right: "S.Rawle sculpt. | Printed by McQueen & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | mountain | river
- Associated Places:
- Brignall | Durham | England | Greta | Old Church of St. Mary's | Pennine | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Brignall Church, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.