- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 12 5/8 inches (32.1 cm), Plate: 11 7/16 inches (29.1 cm), Chine collé: 11 3/16 inches (28.4 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 inches (19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.176"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "good impression Whitaker's History of Richmondshire 1823 1821"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "([biel borwl] 43}"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Brignall Church, | Published by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson, & Co. Cheapside, London, Octr. 25th 1821."; lettered, lower right: "S.Rawle sculpt. | Printed by McQueen & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | mountain | river
- Associated Places:
- Brignall | Durham | England | Greta | Old Church of St. Mary's | Pennine | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Rawle, 1771–1860, British, Brignall Church, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.