Kirkby Lonsdale Churchyard
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet (trimmed insdide plate): 12 × 15 1/16 inches (30.5 × 38.3 cm), Chine collé: 11 11/16 × 14 3/4 inches (29.7 × 37.5 cm), and Image: 7 3/4 × 11 1/16 inches (19.7 × 28.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.186"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Whitaker's Richmondshire pub 1823"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1821 P.W. Jan 1940"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. delt."; lettered, lower center: "Kirby Lonsdale Church Yard. | Published by Longman Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Paternoster Row, and Hurst, Robinson, & Co., Cheapside, London, Jany. 25th, 1821."; lettered, lower right: "C.Heath sculpt. | Printed by McQueen & Co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cemetery | church | churchyard | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Kirkby Lonsdale | Lune | St Mary's Church | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, Kirkby Lonsdale Churchyard, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.