Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slighltly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 14 11/16 inches (27.6 × 37.3 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 inches (24.1 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/16 inches (16.5 × 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.212"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "England & Wales"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner."; lettered, lower center: "Bolton Abbey, | Yorkshire. | Published March 1, 1827, for the Proprietor , by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt.Wallis | Printed by McQueen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | England | North Yorkshire | Wharfe | Wharfedale
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.