- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (27.3 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 × 12 1/2 inches (25.2 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (16.5 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.218"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third State. Picturesque Views in England & Wales"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Saltash | Cornwall. | Published Decr.1, 1827, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art | military art | river
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | Saltash | Tamar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Saltash, Cornwall, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.