- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 × 14 3/8 inches (26.8 × 36.5 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 5/16 inches (25.1 × 31.3 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (16.5 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.224"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Buckfastleigh Abbey | Devonshire. | London, Published April 1828, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings, Poultry."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Robt. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | boy | climbing | cow | distant view | field | girl | harvest | landscape | man | monastery | mountain | picking | religious and mythological subject | river | steam | town | tree | valley (landform) | water
- Associated Places:
- Buckfast Abbey | Buckfastleigh | Devon | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Buckfastleigh Abbey, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.