- Landscape with Temple Ruins at Sunium
- Pen in brown ink, and gray ink, with gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, smooth, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 18 1/4 inches (29.5 × 46.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, upper center: "SUNIUM.&"; inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "1 2 4 4 | 5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cape | hills | landscape | rocks (landforms) | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Attikí | Cape Sounion | Europe | Greece | Sterea Ellás-Évvoia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Pars, 1742–1782, British, Landscape with Temple Ruins at Sunium, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.