IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Songs of Innocence, Plate 24, "On Anothers Sorrow" (Bentley 27), 1789
Songs of Innocence, Plate 24, "On Anothers Sorrow" (Bentley 27)
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Songs of Innocence, Plate 25, "Spring" (Bentley 22)
- Part Of:
- Relief etching printed in brown with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 3/8 inches (19.1 x 13.7 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 2 7/8 inches (11.4 x 7.3 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 3 inches (11.4 x 7.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | branches | children | grazing | hills | infant | leaf | literary theme | mother | sheep | sitting | text | trees | vegetation | vines | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.