- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 × 14 5/8 inches (26.8 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 10 × 12 9/16 inches (25.4 × 31.9 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 11/16 inches (16.5 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.242"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Third state England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "34"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Alnwick Castle, | Northumberland. | London, Published May, 1830, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.T.Willmore. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Aln | Alnwick | Alnwick castle | England | Lion Bridge | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Alnwick Castle, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.