Folkestone, Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 2nd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (21.3 × 28.3 cm) and Image: 6 1/8 × 9 5/16 inches (15.6 × 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.250"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "second state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Picturesque Views in England & Wales"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "2nd state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "42"
Stamp, verso, lower left: "19906"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Folkestone | Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent. | London Published 1831, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, 62, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J. Horsburgh | Printed by Mc Queen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- harbor | landscape (representation) | marine art | military art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Folkestone | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Folkestone, Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.