IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Llanthony, Monmouthshire, 1836
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving, 2nd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 15 inches (28.3 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 9/16 × 12 1/8 inches (24.3 × 30.8 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/4 × 11 13/16 inches (23.5 × 30 cm), Image: 6 5/8 × 9 7/16 inches (16.8 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.287"; lower center: "Second state"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Picturesque Views in England & Wales"; lower center: "2nd state"; lower right: "79"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Llanthony, | Monmouthshire. | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor by Longman & Co. Patternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.T. Willmore | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | mountain | priory | river | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Black Mountains | Honddu | Llanthony | Llanthony Priory | Monmouthshire | United Kingdom | Vale of Ewyas | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.