- Wood-engraving on medium, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 7 11/16 inches (27.6 x 19.5 cm) and Image: 6 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches (17.4 x 15 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "19/35"; lower right: "Eve"
Marked in orange ink, on back, lower left, collector's stamp: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Signed in graphite, lower right under image: "Edward Carrick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apple | birds | Christian | Christianity | clouds | Garden of Eden, paradise | grass | hare | mountains | nude | Old Testament | rabbit | religious and mythological subject | serpent | snake | stones | the tree of knowledge of good and evil (whose fruit, usually apples or figs, brings death); the tree may be guarded by the serpent | tree | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Anthony Carrick, 1905–1998, British, Eve, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.