Longships Lighthouse, Lands End
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (27.3 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 1/16 inches (25.4 × 33.2 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 10 inches (16.5 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.288"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "80"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Long ship's Light House | Land's End | London, Published 1836, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.R. Smith | Printed by Mc. Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cape (landform) | lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Celtic Sea | England | English Channel | Land's End | Longships Lighthouse | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by W. R. Smith, active 1819–1851, Longships Lighthouse, Lands End, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.