- Crickieth Castle, North Wales
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 14 7/8 inches (27.9 × 37.8 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 12 5/8 inches (24.4 × 32.1 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.300"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wlaes Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "92"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Crickieth Castle | North Wales. | London Published 1837 for the Proprietor by Longman & Co.Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by S. Fisher. | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
S. Fisher, active 1831–1844, Crickieth Castle, North Wales, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.