IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Anthony Carrick, 1905–1998, British, Ellen Terry, undated
- Additional Title(s):
- Wood-engraving on medium, smooth, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 7 3/4 x 5 3/8 inches (19.7 x 13.7 cm), Image: 3 9/16 x 2 13/16 inches (9 x 7.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "8/25"; lower right: "Ellen Terry | from a sketch by Gordon Craig. | 8"
Marked in orange ink, on back, lower left, collector's stamp: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Signed in graphite, center: "E Carrick"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | cape | cloak | hat | line | Minimalist | portrait | shadow | woman
- Associated People:
- Terry, Ellen (1847-1928), GBE, English stage actress
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.