- Rochester, Stroud and Chatham
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/16 × 15 inches (28.1 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/2 inches (24.1 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 5/16 × 9 1/2 inches (16 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.301"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "93"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Rochester, Stroud and Chatham | Medway, Kent, | London, Published 1838, for the Proprietor, by Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.C. Varrell | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
J. C. Varrall, active 1815–1827, Rochester, Stroud and Chatham, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.