- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 14 1/8 x 11 1/8 inches (35.8 x 28.2 cm), 13 15/16 x 10 15/16 inches (35.4 x 27.8 cm), and 9 5/16 x 7 7/8 inches (23.7 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "11"; on back, lower center: "do not mount (underlined) | 7541 (encircled) | 11 1/8 T/41/8"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "London, March 1st. 1831. Published by M. Colnaghi, Printseller in Ordinary to the King & to Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Kent. No 23, Cockspur Street. | Miss Macdonald | Engraved by Samuel Cousins from the Original Picture by the late Sir Thomas Lawrence P. R. A. | in the Possession of Major General Macdonald"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Frank Altschul, Yale BA 1908, PhD (HON.) 1967, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brooches | costume | curls | curtains | drapery | dress | finger rings | fur | gown | interior | modesty | nobility | painting (visual work) | portrait | pose | tassel | velvet | woman
- Associated People:
- Errington, Julia (d. 1859)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Miss Macdonald, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.