- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 11 1/8 inches (35.8 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 10 15/16 inches (35.4 x 27.8 cm), and Image: 9 5/16 x 7 7/8 inches (23.7 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "11"; on back, lower center: "do not mount (underlined) | 7541 (encircled) | 11 1/8 T/41/8"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "London, March 1st. 1831. Published by M. Colnaghi, Printseller in Ordinary to the King & to Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Kent. No 23, Cockspur Street. | Miss Macdonald | Engraved by Samuel Cousins from the Original Picture by the late Sir Thomas Lawrence P. R. A. | in the Possession of Major General Macdonald"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Frank Altschul, Yale BA 1908, PhD (HON.) 1967, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brooches | costume | curtains | drapery | dress | finger rings | fur | gown | interior | modesty | nobility | painting (visual work) | portrait | pose | tassel | velvet | woman
- Associated People:
- Errington, Julia (d. 1859)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Miss Macdonald, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.