- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with gray chine colle
- Sheet: 11 × 14 3/4 inches (27.9 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 12 9/16 inches (22.7 × 31.9 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/16 × 12 3/16 inches (21.4 × 31 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 × 10 inches (17.5 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.309"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.309"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Turner - Allen | For the proposed East Coast, abandoned & never published"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Engraver's Etching Dunwich"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(Bloomsbury Aug 48)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner Esqr."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by J.C.Allen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | marine art | ruin | sea
- Associated Places:
- All Saints Church Ruins | Dunwich | England | North Sea | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Dunwich, Suffolk, 1819-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.